What are the aims of the society?
Quoting from the ILS Home Page - About:
The International Lipidomics Society (ILS) is a scientific non-profit organization representing and promoting lipidomics through worldwide cooperation and collaborations by fostering the development of new technologies, techniques, resources, skills and training.
- The point of contact for lipidomics research, development and commercialization activities worldwide
- Foster global collaboration and transparent communication in lipidomics projects by gathering leading international laboratories from a wide range of disciplines
- Organize annual international meetings, workshops and training courses
- Foster the translation of lipidomics data to biological meaning in all aspects of research to human health
- Support large-scale inter-lab lipidomics projects
- Foster and coordinate communication among funding agencies and industry partners with the lipidomics community and coordinate the
- Activities of groups and organizations interested in ILS’s scientific initiatives and Interest Groups
If you are interested in contributing to or joining the ILS and any of its interest groups, please visit the ILS homepage and get in contact!