Brought to you by
Click on the link above for a quick overview and start to LipidXplorer
2019-10-14 New release: LipidXplorer Version 1.2.8
This release is focused on improving the import module and implementing the recently introduced filtering approach based on counting reoccurrences of peaks in MS-scans and MS/MS-scans conceptually following Schuhmann et al. . All other general functionalities of the former releases should not be affected [2-5]. Further changes were made for better documentation and simpler user guidance. Some experimental and/or unused options were deactivated (grouping samples, heuristic hierarchical alignment, dta/csv import). Details are available in the official release notes.
- Schuhmann, K., et al., Intensity-Independent Noise Filtering in FT MS and FT MS/MS Spectra for Shotgun Lipidomics. Anal Chem, 2017. 89(13): p. 7046-7052.
- Eggers, L.F. and D. Schwudke, Shotgun Lipidomics Approach for Clinical Samples. Methods Mol Biol, 2018. 1730: p. 163-174.
- Herzog, R., et al., LipidXplorer: a software for consensual cross-platform lipidomics. PLoS One, 2012. 7(1): p. e29851.
- Herzog, R., et al., A novel informatics concept for high-throughput shotgun lipidomics based on the molecular fragmentation query language. Genome Biol, 2011. 12(1): p. R8.
- Herzog, R., D. Schwudke, and A. Shevchenko, LipidXplorer: Software for Quantitative Shotgun Lipidomics Compatible with Multiple Mass Spectrometry Platforms. Curr Protoc Bioinformatics, 2013. 43: p. 14 12 1-30.
2019-02-12 LipidXplorer available as LIFS Web Application
As of March 1st, 2018, the LipidXplorer Wiki has been relocated to the LIFS infrastructure.
2016-05-09 New release: LipidXplorer Version 1.2.7
If you use LipidXplorer, please cite the original LipidXplorer publication:
Herzog R, Schuhmann K, Schwudke D, Sampaio JL, Bornstein SR, Schroeder M, et al. (2012) LipidXplorer: A Software for Consensual Cross-Platform Lipidomics. PLoS ONE 7(1): e29851. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0029851
Additionally, if you are using a particular version of LipidXplorer, from version 1.2.8 onwards, each release has a citable DOI for LipidXplorer@Zenodo.
LipidXplorer will be further developed all the time. If you have suggestions for useful features, please write to the LipidXplorer mailing list and we will post them here. We also will post a status report on the suggested features: the LipidXplorer wishlist.
Yadav S, Garner K, Georgiev P, Li M, Gomez-Espinosa E, Panda A, Mathre S, Okkenhaug H, Cockcroft S and Raghu P: RDGBα, a PI-PA transfer protein regulates G-protein coupled PtdIns(4,5)P2 signalling during Drosophila phototransduction JCS 2015 July
Hebbar S, Schulz W D, Sauer U and Schwudke D :Laser Capture Microdissection Coupled with On-Column Extraction LC-MSn Enables Lipidomics of Fluorescently Labeled Drosophila Neurons Anal. Chem. 2014 May 12, 86(11)
Gaessler J, Bornstein T D, Goel D, Bhalla V P, Lohmann T, Wolf T, Koch M, Qin Y, Licinio J, Wong M-L, Chavakis T, Xu A, Shevchenko A, Schuhmann K, Schwarz P E H, Patel A, Bornstein S R:Lipidomic profiling before and after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in obese patients with diabetes The Pharmacogenomics Journal 2013 Dec 24
For any questions and suggestions please put them on the [LipidXplorer Google Group]
If you do not want to join google, please write us (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) an email and I'll add you to the group.
If you want to contribute to the Wiki please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or also to the google group.
Please check out the [LipidXplorer Google Group] to be up-to-date on found bugs.
Please send Bug reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Example spectra for the LipidXplorer tutorial
- Spectra of E.coli acquired on the LTQ Orbitrap with different resolution settings:File:Spectra tutorial.zip
All spectra used in the LipidXplorer article
- Spectra of E.coli and bovine heart acquired on LTQ Orbitrap XL, LTQ Orbitrap Velos and ABI QStar pulsar (in DDA and MPIS mode):File:Spectra article.zip